Dear Year 6 parents/carers,
We are looking forward to your children joining us officially on Friday 3rd September. None of the arrangements have changed from what I published in the Transition booklet but as a reminder:
1) We start at 8.35am in Trinity Hall (by main reception)
2) Students will need a packed lunch for their first day
3) The students will find out their Tutor Group (TG) and Learning Group (LG) on this day
4) We will take school photographs and complete the Biometrics (all consent forms must have been returned for this – data pack sent out in Term 3)
5) The students will receive their planner, timetable and be shown where their classrooms are on this first day.
I hope your children have been able to visit us at St Laurence and have enjoyed the tours we have provided.
I really look forward to seeing them all in their new uniforms soon!
Happy summer holidays.
We have tried to answer some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), which we think you would have asked during the visits.
Introduction to the School Departments
Awesome Audible – FREE books!
Fact: Reading for 20 minutes a day can improve your overall grades by 2 (GCSE grading) in most subjects! Reading widens vocabulary and improves grammar and spelling, this means smarter writing and essay responses!
Don’t like reading?…..Research has also shown that listening to books is just as useful as reading them in the traditional way – Hurrah!
Challenge – pick an audible book and when you’ve finished it, write a review that I can add, for others to read, on our webpage!
The following video contains essential information and guidance from Mrs Overfield