The St Laurence School admission policy applies solely to applications for places at St Laurence School. As an Academy St Laurence School acts as its own authority. The Governing Body is responsible for determining the procedures and policies. All applications are made via the Wiltshire School Admissions team for reasons of safeguarding and coordination.
The admission policy of St Laurence School is, while there are adequate places, to offer a place to all applicants irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity or country of origin, disability or academic ability.
Parents who wish to apply for their child to enter the school other than in the September of Year 7 should contact the Headteacher’s PA (01225 309506) in the first instance or via email (see contacts below).
To apply for a school place please complete an In-Year Transfer Application form via Wiltshire County Council (Apply for a school place – Wiltshire Council). Once processed, you will receive notification of whether you have been offered a place. If you are unsuccessful and wish to appeal this decision, please see the information below.
To make an In-Year Appeal, please complete the Form at the bottom of this page and forward it to Sally Hackett, Headteacher’s PA (see Key Contacts Below). You will receive acknowledgement of receipt within 5 working days, and the Form will be passed to our Independent Appeal Provider to arrange an Appeal and contact you with further details.
Appeals timetable (as set out in the Admission Appeals Code):
- Appellants must have a deadline of at least 20 school days from the date of notification that their application was unsuccessful to lodge an appeal but late appeals must be heard.
- Appeals must be heard within 40 school days (in normal admission round) and within 30 school days for in-year appeals. For late appeals these must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline where possible or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- For sixth form appeals, where conditional on exam results the appeal must be heard within 30 school days of the results being published. Where not conditional within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging an appeal.
- Appellants mush have at least 10 school days’ notice of the date of their appeal although the appellant may waive their right to the full 10 days.
- Decision letters must be sent within 5 school days of the hearing where possible.
Admissions Policy and Appeals Procedures
Copies of St Laurence School’s Admissions policy can be found in the downloads section at the bottom of our ‘Admissions to Year 7’ page here
This school participates in the Local Authority’s Fair Access Protocol.