Open Evening – September 2021
Year 5 and 6 children and their families are warmly invited to attend our Open Evening on Wednesday 29th September 2021 (subject to Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time). Talks will take place in the Wiltshire Music Centre on the School site, followed by tours of the School. Further details will be published here nearer the time.
In place of our usual open mornings and tours of the school, Mrs Karen Rhodes (Director of Learning & Progress KS3/Head of Transition) is currently able to offer a limited number of meetings with Year 5 parents and children (by appointment only) after School. Please contact Ms Sally Hackett, Headteacher’s PA to arrange this. Alternatively, please contact Mrs Rhodes directly to arrange an individual online ‘Teams’ meeting in place of a visit (contact details can be found at the end of this page).
Year 7 Admissions 2021
Parents will be notified of the secondary school places allocated to children on 1st March 2021. Parents who are allocated a place at St Laurence School should return the reply slip to the Local Authority by 15th March 2021 (or reply online to Wiltshire Council if an online application was made). Parents who no longer wish to take up an offer of a place for their child should notify the School and Wiltshire Council immediately so that it can be offered to a child on the waiting list.
Advice and guidance on the admissions process in Wiltshire can be obtained from www.wiltshire.gov.uk
Thursday 18th March – Year 6 Parents Welcome pre-recorded session emailed by Invitation only
Thursday 8th July – Year 6 Induction day (exact details to follow later)
Term dates: Please check our website when booking holidays.
Appeals for Admission to St Laurence School in September 2021
If you wish to appeal the decision not to allocate a place at St Laurence School you should notify the School of this decision in writing by Friday 23rd April 2021. Please complete the Appeals Form referring to the guidance notes and return it to the School at the address given (or email firstname.lastname@example.org / tel: 01225 309506 to request a hard copy by post).
You should receive acknowledgement of your Appeals Form within 5 school days. Contact St Laurence School if you do not receive this confirmation.
An independent Appeals Panel will be established to hear all appeals.
The appeal will be held within 40 school days of the deadline for making an appeal. The panel will be made up of three independent people who will consider:
- Whether the admission authority followed its own admission policy and if it had good reasons for not offering your child a place (eg the school was over-subscribed and other children met the over-subscription criteria more closely).
- Whether your child’s need to be at the school is greater than the effects on other children in the school of having additional children at the school.
- Your reasons for wanting your child to attend the school.
- Any supporting evidence that might be relevant to your case.
- 01 March 2021: Parents notified by the Local Authority of their allocated school
- 23 April 2021: Deadline for lodging an appeal for St Laurence School admission (September 2021)
- June 2021: Appeals held at St Laurence School
- You will be given at least 10 School days’ notice of the time of your appeal.
- Parents must submit any further evidence and questions to the School 5 working days before the appeals date.
Please find below copies of St Laurence School’s admission policies. The St Laurence School Admission Policy applies solely to applications for places at St Laurence School. As an Academy St Laurence School acts as its own admissions authority. The Governing Body is responsible for determining the procedures and policies.
The admission policy of St Laurence School is, while there are adequate places, to offer a place to all applicants irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity or country of origin, disability or academic ability. This is subject to St Laurence school being able to meet the reasonable, specific needs of the child, within the resources available.
The School participates in the Local Authority’s Fair Access Protocol.