Year 5 Open Mornings
Year 5 children and their parents are warmly invited to attend an Open Morning to experience St Laurence during the school day. This is an opportunity to tour the School, visit lessons and meet senior staff.
We have spaces available on:
- Monday 4th July
- Tuesday 19th July
Starting at 9:15am the tours take approximately 30 – 40 minutes.
Spaces are limited and will be offered on a first come, first served basis, so please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01225 309500 to book.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Laurence.
Year 7 Admissions 2022
Our Published Admission number for 2022 is 232
The deadline for applications is 31st October 2021. Advice and guidance on the admissions process in Wiltshire can be obtained from Wiltshire Council (Applying for a school place – Wiltshire Council)
Parents will be notified of the secondary school places allocated to children on 1st March 2022. Parents who are allocated a place at St Laurence School should reply to Wiltshire County Council by 15th March 2022. Parents who no longer wish to take up an offer of a place for their child should notify the School and Wiltshire Council immediately so that it can be offered to a child on the waiting list.
Late applications will be considered after all applications that have been received in time have been dealt with.
Appeals for Admission to St Laurence School in September 2022
If you wish to appeal the decision not to allocate a place at St Laurence School you should notify the School of this decision in writing by Friday 22nd April 2022. Please complete the Appeals Form referring to the guidance notes and return it to the School at the address given (or email email@example.com / tel: 01225 309506 to request a hard copy by post).
You should receive acknowledgement of your Appeals Form within 5 school days. Contact St Laurence if you do not receive this confirmation. An independent Appeals Panel will be established to hear all appeals.
The appeal will be held within 40 school days of the deadline for making an appeal. The panel will be made up of three independent people who will consider:
- Whether the admission authority followed its own admission policy and if it had good reasons for not offering your child a place (eg the school was over-subscribed and other children met the over-subscription criteria more closely).
- Whether your child’s need to be at the school is greater than the effects on other children in the school of having additional children at the school.
- Your reasons for wanting your child to attend the school.
- Any supporting evidence that might be relevant to your case.
- 01 March 2022: Parents notified by the Local Authority of their allocated school
- 22 April 2022: Deadline for lodging an appeal for St Laurence School admission (September 2022)
- Monday 13th June 2022: Appeals held at St Laurence School
- You will be given at least 10 School days’ notice of the time of your appeal
- Parents must submit any further evidence and questions to the School 5 working days before the appeals date.
Please find below copies of St Laurence School’s admission policies. The St Laurence School Admission Policy applies solely to applications for places at St Laurence School. As an Academy St Laurence School acts as its own admissions authority. The Governing Body is responsible for determining the procedures and policies.
The admission policy of St Laurence School is, while there are adequate places, to offer a place to all applicants irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity or country of origin, disability or academic ability. This is subject to St Laurence school being able to meet the reasonable, specific needs of the child, within the resources available.
The School participates in the Local Authority’s Fair Access Protocol.